You would normally expect the air inside your home to be safe to breathe. You would never suspect that it could contain dangerous fungi that could cause you and your loved ones to become sick. However, mold spores and other toxins can invade your home not only through the basement, attic, and other entrances, but also through the windows and ventilation systems. You can determine if your home is safe by retaining services like indoor air quality testing and mold remediation today.
Testing the Air in Your Home
Mold spores are invisible to the naked eye. You cannot see mold floating around in your home or landing on the walls and flooring in every room of your house. Even so, its very presence could invite trouble that would leave you and your family suffering from a host of respiratory problems. People who are routinely exposed to mold and other fungi suffer from frequent pneumonia, asthma, allergies, skin rashes, and even COPD-like illnesses.
Further, you cannot simply turn on a fan and open the windows to blow out the mold inside your home. This attempt to clear your home of the fungus actually just blows the mold around and also causes more spores to come in through your windows and vents. Rather than cause the health and safety of your home to suffer worse, you can get rid of this threat safely and efficiently by hiring specialists who are trained to look for and remove mold and other fungi from houses.
During the time that the contractors work on your home, you may be advised to leave so that you do not come into contact with any more mold than you already have. While you are away, the contractors will identify where mold is coming into your home and also test the air inside your house to see if it contains any spores.
The people who work on your house are trained to use equipment that will prevent mold from spreading in your home. They will get rid of any sponges, towels, and other gear that they use to clean up the mold so that spores are contained and gotten rid of entirely.
Mold poses a unique threat to you and your family’s health and safety. Because you cannot see mold spores in the air, you can hire specialists who are trained to remove this threat safely.